This will be a 2.5 day Zen Practice Retreat (Sesshin) In Sheringham, Norfolk to be led by Senior Teacher, Taiun Jean-Pierre Faure
Taiun is the abbot of the Kanshoji Zen Monastery , near Limoges in France. Click for more information about Taiun Jean-Pierre Faure.
Friday 9th February
Monday 12th February
Loose-fitting, dark clothing for zazen, a zafu (if you have one – some will be available to borrow), a bowl for food (with a spoon and fork) and a cloth (such as a tea-towel) to wrap your bowl in
Burwell house is a new venue for us. Located near Cambridge towards Newmarket the address is: Silver St, Burwell, Cambridge CB25 0EF.
You can see it on Google Maps here: https://goo.gl/maps/EZUSArXRQ3T2
- There will likely be options for a lift from Cambridge station at set times – more information will be available closer to the event
- By public transit from Cambridge rail station:
- take Citi 1 bus towards Arbury for 4 stops to St. Andrews Street (stop S1)
- You will be by the Cambridge Bus station. – walk 2 minutes to the Drummer Street Bus station
- From bay 9 take bus number 10 towards Newmarket. Get off at the Silver Street stop (about 52minutes) and walk 3 minutes down Toyse Lane, left on Silver street, Burwell House is on the right. You can also go 1 further stop and get off at Anchor Lane then walk back around the Baptist church to Silver street
- Some other public transit options may exist for you – check google maps, and click directions, then the “transit” button for all your options.
prices to be announced
You can become a friend of IZAUK Member at the sesshin, or beforehand – See Information HERE
Registration / Booking:
More information and booking details will be available closer to the event. The event organiser will be John Callaghan from the Leeds Dojo